Monday, October 23, 2006

Good off topic post

Sorry about my completely off topic post. However, it was an article that was sent to me and i think it needs to be shared. It is, for me, a different type of rhetoric, thats closer to home as it affects me everyday. I think it is an issue that we need to pay more attention to. It would be great to know what you guys think.

October 16, 2006
Why Aren't We Shocked?
By BOB HERBERT
OP-ED COLUMNIST(NYT)

"Who needs a brain when you have these?"

- message on an Abercrombie & Fitch T-shirt for young women

In the recent shootings at an Amish schoolhouse in rural Pennsylvania and a large public high school in Colorado, the killers went out of their way to separate the girls from the boys, and then deliberately attacked only the girls. (...)

Read the whole article followed by a long discussion thread