Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Easy, Lucky, Free

So I was having a hard time choosing music to post, since most of the political music I like is punk-influenced anarchist folk music. And they don't usually make music videos, so it's hard to find that stuff on YouTube. And I haven't gotten to upload any MP3s to my web space yet, so I thought I'd go another direction.

I picked a video by an artist that isn't usually thought of as political, but rather as lovesick whiny boy emo music. But Bright Eyes, aka Conor Oberst, is actually very politically involved, from over on the far left where I like to sit. This video, "Easy, Lucky, Free," is from 2003, I believe, when we were still being lied into the Iraq war, and still being told that shopping was the ultimate patriotic act. Anyhow, enough commentary from me. Here's the video: