Sunday, September 24, 2006

The Third Way

I don't know how many of you remember this but when Clinton first got into office, there was a big push from Clinton and the Democrats to create a "new Democrat"... moving away from the so-called "crunchy" ultra-liberal Democrat to a more centrist form of the party. Alot of off-shoots sprung from that, including the Democratic Leadership Conference and other off-shoots of the party.

Clinton was the first president I voted for (and would vote for him again if I got the chance) so I would claim a New Democrat title. I would label myself in the pro-civil rights, pro-choice, but also for more efficient, sleeker form of government that should stay out of my day-to-day life. I have spent most of my career in the political arena - working for O'Malley for his first term as mayor, then with Franklin during her first term in Atlanta. So now, onto law school, where hopefully the third way really can be found.