Friday, September 22, 2006

9/11

Sorry for my 9/11 post being so late.

I am very apathetic to 9/11 because frankly worse things happen everyday in the rest of the world. Yes I will agree it was a tragedy and I saw friends crushed by what happened and the loss of friends and family, however these things happen and one simply must move on. What bothers me most about 9/11 was the reasons that were given for why it happened. At the time I was a politics major and all I kept hearing in my classes and in the cafeteria was “it happened because they envious,” “they hate our freedoms,” “they hate our superiority.” My first question was who are they. They meaning Muslims or they meaning the rest of the world. It became a huge debate in my classes till I was practically thrown out for pointing out the we (the rest of the world) don’t envy you (America) for anything. For the simple fact that we all have more important things to worry about than your so called freedoms and superiority.

I am sorry but when my country is being pimped for its bauxite and limestone or being denied the export of it bananas for foreign exchange and having to fight tooth and nail not to have American Nuclear waste dumped into our waters we certainly have better things to care about than US freedoms. When women are being oppressed and trying to fight that oppression, trying not to get genitally mutilated or sold into sex slavery they have more things to worry about than Brittany Spears latest outfit. Them men who are oppressing these women have their hands full in selling them, persecuting them, raping them, mutilating them and fending off outside influences to this behavior to care if Demi Moore is pregnant for Ashton Kucher. For the people in Rwanda who are suffering from Genocide and in Sudan from ethnic cleansing I certainly think they have more to think about and care about than the frivolity happening in the US.

The fact is that what happened on 9/11 had nothing to do with envy but rather frustration. It happened because someone finally got tired of being pushed and pulled by the America. America gets involved when it is not their place to be involved in other countries issues. They like to play the “Big Brother” role which is unnecessary in some cases. They force their beliefs such as democracy on everyone and thee rest of the world should dance to their beat. I remember after 9/11 all my international friends and I where together and we all thought finally, finally America had their bubble burst, finally they know a little piece of what they inflict on the world, finally for once the terrorist is being terrorized. And yes I do see the US as a terrorist because it bullies the rest of the world and we are getting tired of it. And 9/11 happened because someone decided they could no longer dance to the beat. And I agree with Kara America has learned nothing from 9/11 instead it has been milked to enter an unnecessary war, commercialized and used as a tool to keep Americans in fear. And the mere fact that America has learned nothing means that it will happen over and over again. The simple fact is this America needs to get out of other peoples business and concentrate on their problems. In terms of 9/11 shit happens get over it, the rest of the world deals with more trials and tribulations daily, it’s been five years really get over it.