Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Voting brings the crazies out

Well, I went in and voted for O'Malley, Cardin, Della, McHale, etc. Lucky me, I get to vote at my church. Of course, I was wearing my Della/McHale t-shirt with my coat and sweatshirt unzipped when I walked in.

The lady gave me a dirty look, but she didn't say anything. I didn't know not to walk in with my shirt showing. I voted and then went outside to pass out papers for Della and McHale with four other people. It was a lot of fun. Brian McHale is a really nice guy. I met him about 6 years ago.

Well, this crazy guy came up and flipped out on us. He screamed at us at first thinking we were supporting Kimos. Then he called the four people we were supporting idiots.

After that, he made fun of Brian McHale for having been a long shoreman. He said he wasn't good enough to be a politician. First, he was complaining about rich people. Then he complained about McHale for being of the wrong class. I was angry, to say the least.

He began talking about public schools, saying they were all bad except Poly. I told him I went to Poly and what it was really like. He got angry and said that I was just one person and my experience didn't count.

Then he made fun of us for living in this neighborhood all our lives, saying it wasn't ours anymore and it belonged now to all the upperclass people and stuff like that. The rest of the time was great.